Catch-up Reader Series - Set 1
Designed for older students, these books can be used to either teach or reinforce new and already learned decoding skills.
• Designed for guided or independent reading
• Ideal for practicing specific decoding patterns in the context of a larger narrative
• Text is supported by color pictures on each page
• Each book focuses on a set of sound-spellings for readers to practice
• Action-packed stories in short books (average 20-40 words per book)
Moon Dogs Series - Sets 1/2
The Moon Dogs Series is designed to appeal to older, catch-up pupils at the very early stages of reading. The series offers two sets of books, each set containing eight books. Set 1 books, introduce sounds gradually and reinforces reading them in CVC words. All words are at CVC level with one line of text to the page. Set 2 begins with text at CVC level and continues through the digraphs ch, sh, th, ck, ng, qu and wh. The series is designed around a group of teenage friends who are in a band and offers short, humorous stories about their lives. Reading skills are developed through step-by-step progression which allows practice and consolidation at each level. The series complements any synthetic phonics teaching program.